KonRak Mime Festival
Thailand Cultural Center, Bangkok, Thailand.
– pantomime or mime with theater performance for
a solo or duo performance will be prioritized.
(clown, physical movement, street performance would be less priority for this year.)
– could be either one long performance or a compilation of short stories. Length between 30 to 45 mins.
The application should includes
– name of the group
– name of participants (performers, technician support if there is)
– nationalities of people working on the piece
– contact information (contact person, E-mail, website)
– title of the piece
– length, concept, summery of your work
– videos and photos of your work
– history of work, awards, touring experience
– requirement (lighting, minimum size of the space, equipment, others)
*please inform us if there is any organization from your own country that can sponsor you for joining the festival. (name of the organization with contact information)
* there is no application form. You can use any form you want but please make sure it has all the information needed.
Mime Festival is an international mime festival involves German, Japanese and Thai mime artists supported by the organizations from the artists origin countries and other partners. The activity aims to develop mime network and empower the artists to be able to produce the mime work. It s also aims to promote art of mime through performances and open the workshop for the existing performers and those who are interested in.
The 50% of the net income from the project will be given to Mime for Deaf Childrens a project which provides opportunity for deaf children in 22 deaf schools to attend mime workshops and doing the performances. It aims to empower deaf children, help them develop social skills, communication skills and supporting deaf mime actors.
The festival is expected to be held annually and will expand the number of the artists from different countries including global and Asean community to participate.